Pokhara University is located in the Kaski district’s Lekhnath Municipality, thirteen kilometers east of Pokhara’s city center. The academic building of Pokhara University is located in Lekhnath, a small city in the Himalayas with seven lakes and mountains such as Machhapuchre and Annapurna.
In 1983, Nepal accepted the multi-university model. Pokhara University (PU) was proposed in 1986, but it was not established until 1997 when the Pokhara University Act was passed. The current Honorable Prime Minister and Honorable Minister for Education of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal are the Chancellor and Pro-Chancellor, respectively. The Chancellor appoints the Vice-Chancellor, who is the university’s main executive officer. The Registrar’s job is to help the principal with money management and general administration. PU is a non-profit autonomous organization that is funded in part by the Nepalese government and in part by fees collected from students and affiliated colleges.
The semester system is used at Pokhara University. As long as credit standards are met, the university employs continuous review of a student’s performance and allows the student to proceed at a rate that is appropriate for his or her unique ability and convenience.
- To be a leader in the advancement of education by providing high-quality higher education, health care, and community service.
- Transform the institution into a Center of Excellence for Higher Education by improving teaching, learning, and research activities; accelerate national development by producing job market-driven, responsible, productive, welfare-focused, and committed human resources; and connect the university system to community services.
- Encourage learners’ potential and creativity by promoting humanism, reason, innovation, and the pursuit of truth.
- encourage the establishment of a high-ranking universities in South Asia.
- Develop high-level human resources with skills, values, competencies, and a commitment to excellence.
- Train high-level personnel capable of confronting issues and directing future developments.
- Integrate academic research and scholarship into the teaching curriculum, preserving, generating, and disseminating knowledge.
- It aims to create a dynamic university system capable of coping with change and challenges.
- Attempt for excellence in all aspects of the university’s operations and services.
- Establish programs with a broad scope and substance, as well as problem-solving solutions, particularly in areas where there are gaps between requirements and available resources from a local, national, and worldwide viewpoint.
- Establish a rigorous and interactive community of faculty and students where human connections are valued and respected, opportunities are sought, and intellectual and personal development are fostered.
- Provide fair access to resources for Western Development Region students to develop educational partnerships both externally and internally to help the university realize its goal.
- contribute to the region’s as well as the nation’s socio-economic growth.
Ten Plus Two in Science, Intermediate Level Science, Engineering or equivalent as accepted by Pokhara University in each subject in grades 11 and 12, with a minimum of 45 percent or second division or “C” grade (final of theoretical and practical) in each subject.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Hotel Management,
BSc in Medical Biochemistry
MSc in Public Health and Disaster Engineering
MA in English
Bachelor of Health Care Management
Bachelor of Computer Application
M Pharm in Clinical Pharmacy
Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Laws
BSc Medical Microbiology
Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management
Bachelor of Pharmacy
Master of Public Health
Bachelor of Public Health
MSc in Transportation Engineering and Management.
Master of Healthcare Management
MSc in Natural Resources Management and Rural Development
Master of Science in Construction Management
MSc in Medical Biochemistry
Master of Business Administration
Master in Computer Information Systems
MBA Job Holders
Master in Population, Gender, and Development
Ph.D. in English,
Bachelor of Nursing Science in Oncology
BBA in Travel and Tourism
Bachelor of Arts in English and Communication Studies
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Master of Optometry
BBA in Banking and Insurance
MSc in Computer Science,
Master in Development Studies
MSc in Interdisciplinary Water Resources Management
MSc in Environmental Science and Management,
Bachelors in Software Engineering
MPhil in English
MSc in Structural Engineering
MSc in Bioinformatics
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
BSc in Environmental Management
Bachelor of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Bachelor in Development Studies
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
MSc in Information System Engineering
Bachelor of Optometry
MSc in Medical Microbiology
Bachelor in Civil Engineering (For Diploma Holders)
MSc in Hydropower Engineering
MBA (Global Business)
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology
Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Natural Product Chemistry
Master of Computer Engineering
Bachelor of Civil and Rural Engineering
Bachelor of Architecture
MSc in Electrical Engineering in Power Systems
Bachelor of Entrepreneurship Development
MA in English
Bachelor of Computer Information Systems