How to apply for an online driving license? It is quite simple to apply for a driving license online in Nepal. Nowadays, everyone has access to the internet and can quickly submit an application. Here we will provide you with further information on how to apply for a driving license in Nepal. A current driver’s license is required in Nepal to legally operate a two- or four-wheeled vehicle. There are a few considerations while filling out a driving license application Whichever you can apply for. The first one is your age limit: – Each candidate’s age is the same. This states that you may only apply if you are at least 18 years old. And the second one is No special educational prerequisites are listed for the driving license online application. You may simply apply for it if you have an intermediate and bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution or university.
Here is the process of How to apply for an online driving license in Nepal?
Stage 1. Fists of all you have to visit the official website of the Department of Transport (www.dotm.gov.np)
Stage 2. On the right side, under “Important Links,” select “Online Driver’s License System.” Next, select Online Driving License Registration from the menu at the top of the screen.
Stage 3. Go to the category, choose New License, Renew License, or Copy, and then click the “Proceed” button when you’ve seen the new page. When you click “Proceed,” the form will appear.
Stage 4. After that, it says “Applicant Saved Successfully.” Then click OK. Finally, your form is completed after selecting “print.”
Stage 5. If the form is approved, you must print the completed page and have it with you at all times. The paper specifies the timing for your biometric.
Stage 6. To get a soft copy of your driver’s license application, click the download button.
How to check the status of your driving license online?
- Visit the Department of Transport Management’s official website at applydl.dotm.gov.np.
- The DOTM home page will display.
- Choose your province from the list on the front page.
- You must now click the link for the application status.
- You will be sent to a new page after clicking this link where you must enter your date of birth and driving license application number.
- You must now select “submit.”
- Your system will display the application status.
Driving License categories in Nepal
- A= Motorcycle/Scooter/Moped
- B= Car/Jeep/Delivery Van
- C= Tempo/Auto rickshaw
- D= Power Tiller
- E= Tractor/ Trailer/ Tractor (Low Bed)
- C1= E-Rickshaw
- H= Road Toller/ Dozer
- H1= Dozer
- H2= Road Roller
- I= Crane/Fire Brigade/ Loader
- I1= Crane/ Mobile Crane/ Crane Mounted Truck
- I2= Fire Bridge
- I3= Loader
- J1= Excavator
- J2= Backhoe loader
- J3= Grader
- J4= Forklift
- J5= Other
- K= Scooter/ Moped
Application Fees for a Driving License (2079)
You must also pay the application cost, which is set independently for each category of vehicle, in order to apply for the various driving license positions. This cost can pay online using a credit card, debit card, net banking, esewa, khalti, etc. You simply need to pass the written driving license test to qualify for a trial. This test will be administered by the DOTM in an extremely fair manner. This only allows you to pass based on your grade. The following has been determined as your application cost for a driving license (2079);
|New Driving License||1000|
|Driving License Test||1500|
New Exam Pattern and Syllabus for Driving License Examination
The following is the test format for your written licensure exam:
- Both Nepali and English will use to administer this test.
- You will receive a total of one mark for each right response.
- You will have a total of 60 minutes to complete the driving license exam form.
- This test consists of a total of 50 questions.
The Department of Transportation will publish the official comprehensive syllabus for the driving license exam (DOTM). The official announcement will be updated if the DOTM alters the test format or the syllabus. If there are any modifications, DOTM will also provide a comprehensive online licensing syllabus. Students should be fully informed of the driving license curriculum and exam pattern in order to pass the driving license exam in 2079.
Required Documents to Apply for an Online Driving License
The following papers are required for first-time applicants as proof of age and address:
- Certificate of Birth
- National Identity Card
- PP Size Photograph
- Valid Passport
- Voter’s Card
- Further Documents
How to use ‘applydl.dotm gov.np’ to submit a driving license application online?
Your driver’s license and other personal papers can store in the DOTM program. This app also keeps track of data from numerous other transportation-related government agencies in Nepal. By following these instructions, you may download the driver’s license application through the DOTm app.
- On your device, open the official website. (dotm.gov.np)
- Click on the “Driving License Related Services” link under the online services page.
- Decide the category you want to apply for.
- From the menu, click “Apply for a Driving License.”
- Complete the application.
- Upload scans of all necessary papers.
- Make a date for the driving test.
- Attend the exam when it suits your schedule.
- To print the driver’s license form, click the print button.
Enter WT space> Applicant ID>, where Applicant ID is on your mobile device, and text it to 33001 to receive the written exam results. You will find information about your registration number and status license in this message. You must input your cellphone number on this page, click Get OTP, and then log in. For additional information about Smart Cards Whether you print it or not, write the information below and text it to 33001 from your smartphone: After biometrics, a number is assigned in the LC space> Applicant ID>. You will find a link in this message that will take you to a page with information about your cellphone number.
To learn more about the Online Driving license and other topics, visit our website regularly.
You may also read,