Best Food Technology, B.Tech Food College in Kathmandu
A bachelor of Food Technology in Nepal is a four-year yearly degree program offered by Tribhuvan University’s Institute of Science and Technology (IoST).
Course Structure Technical (Food) is a four-year course with a total of approximately 2000 marks that are based on an annual examination structure. So, here are the five most popular and widely chosen campuses for B.Tech in Food Technology:
College of Applied Food and Dairy Technology:
The College of Applied Food and Dairy Technology, also known as CAFODAT, is a Purbanchal University (PU) affiliated college. CAFODAT offers a Diploma in Food (3-year course) and Dairy Technology as well as a Bachelor in Food and Dairy Technology (4-year course). It is located on Purnachandi Road, Kumaripati, Lalitpur, Nepal. The Bachelor of Food Technology program in CAFODAT has 135 credits altogether, with 88 credits for theory and 47 credits for practice.
- To provide the students with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of general food technology, indigenous food products, and food plant management.
- To offer students with knowledge of contemporary management systems, such as TQM, GMP, and HACCP, as they are used in the modern food and dairy sectors, as well as the research methodology.
Candidates who have completed I. Sc., +2 Science, or a certificate in food and dairy technology from a PU-accredited institution are eligible to apply for admission to the course.
- At the moment, it is Nepal’s only college offering B. Tech. Dairy Technology and an MSc. in Nutrition and Dietetics programs.
- CAFODAT aspires to be the college of people’s choice by providing international standard food, dairy, and nutrition education through practical laboratories, audiovisual classes, a computer lab with internet, a library with an abundance of books, guest lectures, relevant workshops, seminars, industrial visits, excursions, and so on.
Lalitpur Valley College (LVC)
Established in the year 2002 A.D., Lalitpur Valley College is the first college to run food technology programs in Nepal and is located in Jawalakhel, Lalitpur, Nepal. LVC also provides professional and behavioral skills orientation. It is affiliated with Tribhuvan University in the Kathmandu valley and is the only college in the Lalitpur district.
- Students should get a broader understanding of advanced food engineering.
- Introduce pupils to industrial management practices.
- Train the student in product-specific areas of specialization.
Eligibility For Admission:
Candidates with a second division I.Sc or +2 (Science) and a certificate level in food technology/laboratory technology from Tribhuvan University or a recognized institute are eligible to apply for admission to B. Tech (Food Technology).
The program Aims to:
- To provide students with knowledge of food science and the principles behind food processing.
- It provides students with a broader understanding of advanced food engineering.
- Acquaint students with industrial management practices.
- Teach the student about product-specific specializations.
National College of Food Science and Technology:
Established in the year 2007, under the name of the National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST), the National College of Food Science and Technology (NCFST) offers the most comprehensive better-quality food technology programs in the country. It is located in Banasthali/Lainchour, Kathmandu, Nepal. Affiliated with Tribhuvan University (TU), LVC’s mission is to generate excellent and relevant human capital for economic growth and social development via effective teaching, learning, and research by devoted faculty and dedicated employees.
- The approach to providing the information is through visuals, experiments, and field visits, in addition to lecture-based classes.
- As a college student, studying is only one aspect of your life. NCFST aims to facilitate students in a friendly ambiance.
- NCFST is about to commence an M. Tech. (FOOD) program.
- First-class service: NCFST provides high-level services to the students, including interactive teaching and a well-furnished library.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Candidates having at least a second division in I.Sc./+2 (Science), a certificate level in food technology/laboratory technology from Tribhuvan University or any institute recognized by this university are eligible to apply for admission to B. Tech (Food). Students are chosen depending on their performance in the entrance examination.
- Highly recognized and highly qualified experienced teaching faculties
- Production of university toppers
- Project work and seminars on real-world situations and cases
- strong focus on quality.
- Commercial application-oriented dissertation
- In-house research
- Industrial tour
- In-plant training and many more
Padmashree International College
Established in the year 2007 A.D., Padmashree International College offers BTech in Food Technology and is located in Raja Janak Marg, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- It disseminate knowledge in food science and associated fields.
- To familiarize the industrial products from legumes, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables, chocolates and sugar confectionery, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, and milk and milk products.
- To provide students with hands-on experience in food processing operations and engineering.
- Improving knowledge to ensure quality assurance in a more sophisticated food processing business.
- Candidates must pass the Tribhuvan University entrance examination.
- A minimum of C grade or second division in (I.Sc) or 10+2 is required.
- Cutting-edge physical and educational facilities, as well as IT support.
- An e-library with a wealth of materials on the major and minor topics of students.
- There is enough parking for students, faculty, and guests.
- The cafeteria serves high-quality dishes and snacks at an affordable price.
- Large classrooms with all of the essential audiovisual teaching equipment.
Goldengate International College:
Established in 2007 A.D., Goldengate International College is a private institution-owned higher educational institution that is located in Wisdom Tower, Trikuti Colony, Old Baneshwor, Battisputali, Kathmandu, Nepal. Affiliated with Tribhuvan University (TU), Goldengate International College offers a B.Tech in Food and Technology, whose duration is four years (eight semesters). Although Goldengate offers a variety of programs to choose from, B.Tech is one of the most popular courses there.
Goldengate International College offers a full range of academic and pastoral opportunities for students to have a very individually created educational program for each student.
• It has Natural learning surroundings.
• This college has an international degree to offer.