Bachelor of Computer Application in Nepal: In Nepal, there are various bachelor-level courses available. Among the various courses, some of the students choose management faculty. Similarly, some of them choose science faculty to pursue a good future in higher studies. Today in this article we are going to learn about one of the known courses in Nepal which is the Bachelor of Computer Application.
It is a four-year, eight-semester undergraduate degree offered by the Humanities and Social Science faculties at Tribhuvan University (TU). Beginning with the 2074–2075 academic year, TU introduced this curriculum. First off, there are only six government colleges that collectively make up Tribhuvan University’s campus and each institution has been given 35 places for the BCA program.
Tribhuvan University offers affiliation to 120 private institutions around Nepal due to the rising interest of students in this curriculum. All of the colleges are successfully managing this program.
Benefits of BCA Course:
- Students from any faculties can enroll in BCA to pursue IT careers through this course.
- The programming language is taught at the beginning of the semester because the course’s primary focus is on various programming languages.
- Project work can present a challenge to the student through which they can learn teamwork.
- Students get internship opportunity that helps students to grow as IT professionals by involving them in various IT companies from Nepal.
- They learn various real-world programming, work management, and communication technologies.
Fee Structure of the BCA course:
The cost of the curriculum varies depending on the academic institution. In a government college, BCA tuition costs between Rs. 3,60,000 and Rs. 5,000,000. The fee to enroll in Purbanchal University’s BCA program is NRs. 237,400. BCA tuition at private colleges might cost anything between 4,000 and 12,000 rupees. Many colleges affiliated with foreign universities charge tuition fees that are higher than Rs. 8,000,000. The websites of the relevant colleges or universities will list the BCA pricing structure. Deserving students may be given access to special scholarships.
- Tribhuvan University
- Pokhara University
- Purbanchal University
- Students must have a CGPA of at least 1.8 and a minimum D grade in each subject in grades 11 and 12.
- Second-division marks in 10+2, PCL, or an equivalent in any discipline are the required minimum.
- Students have to perform well in the entrance test issued by TU FOHSS.
- With the previous academic prerequisites, applicants from the fields of management, science, and humanities may apply for this course.
Scope Of BCA:
- Computer Operator
- Computer and Information System Manager
- Web Developer
- IT Manager
- System Analyst
- AI specialist
- Project Manager
- Technical writer
- Database Operator
- Information System Manager
- Graphic Designer
- UI/UX Designer
- Network Specialist
- Web Designer
- Web Administrator
- Software Developer
- IT operator
BCA Colleges Affiliated with TU:
- Sagarmatha Multiple College- Dillibazar, Kathmandu
2. Ambition Academy- Sahabhagita Marga, Kathmandu
3. National Integrated College- Gurju Marga, Kathmandu
4. St. Lawrence College- Chabahil, Kathmandu
5. Nesfield International College- Batukbhairabsthan, Lagankhel Lalitpur
6. National College(NACOL)- Nayabazar, Kathmandu
7. Everest Innovative College- Soalteemode, Kalimati, Kathmandu
8. Ojashwi College- Kumaripati, Lalitpur
9. Pinnacle College- Lagankhel, Lalitpur
10. Jaya Multiple Campus- Makalbari, Kathmandu
BCA Colleges Affiliated with Pokhara University:
- Nepal College of Information Technology (NCIT)- Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Citizen College- Satdobato Lalitpur
- Crimson College of Technology- Devinagar, Butwal, Rupandehi
- Lumbini Engineering, Management and Science College – Tilottama-09, Bhalbari Rupandehi
Bachelor of Computer Application Course Syllabus TU:
First Semester –
- Computer Fundamentals and Applications
- Society and Technology
- English I
- Digital Logic
Second Semester –
- C programming
- Financial Accounting
- English II
- Mathematics II
- Microprocessor and Comp. Architecture
Third Semester –
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Probability and Statistics
- System Analysis and Design
- OOP in Java
- Web Technology
Fourth Semester –
- Operating System
- Numerical Methods
- Software Engineering
- Scripting Language
- Database Management System
- Project I
Fifth Semester –
- MIS and e-Business
- DotNet Technology
- Computer Networking
- Introduction to Management
- Computer Graphics and Animation
Sixth Semester –
- Mobile Programming
- Distributed System
- Applied Economics
- Advanced Java Programming
- Network Programming
- Project II
Seventh Semester –
- Cyber Law and Professional Ethics
- CACS402 Cloud Computing
- CAIN403 Internship
- N/A Elective I
- N/A Elective II
Eighth Semester –
- Operations Research
- CAPj452 Project III
- N/A Elective III
- N/A Elective IV
Conclusion, if you are a student looking for the best courses for your bright future ahead, then visit Kpadhne.com, the largest education network in Nepal. This website has a list of courses on this website which may be helpful for you.