Vacancy for Various Positions in ICAN: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN) is an independent organization created in accordance with the Nepal Chartered Accountants Act, 1997, with the sole purpose of educating, directing, controlling, and supervising the accounting profession in Nepal. It also aims to increase public confidence in the accounting profession by educating people about accountants’ economic and social responsibility to support the nation’s economic development. For the following roles, the Institute is looking for qualified and enthusiastic Nepalese citizens to apply on a contract basis.
Information in Detail: Vacancy for Various Positions in ICAN
|S.N||Position||Number of posts||Quantification||Role|
|1.||Joint Director||1 (One)||Chartered Accountant has a minimum of 7 years of related experience after joining ICAN from any recognized Institute.||To guide, control, and oversee the Supervision and Regulation Directorate’s operations, development, and fulfillment.
To continuously assess the efficiency of ICAN’s regulatory functions, identify areas for improvement, and put those improvements into action.
Follow global changes and trends and put best practices in place for the regulation of the accounting profession.
Interact with committees and other stakeholders on all relevant areas, generate value for ICAN, and deliver that value.
|2.||Deputy Director||4 (Four)||Chartered Accountant has a minimum of 5 years of related experience after joining ICAN from any recognized Institute.||In order to improve the operational and practical aspects of the regulation of the accounting profession, including the monitoring of AML CFT Regulation, it is necessary to identify the gaps, design mitigating measures, and execute or cause to be implemented these measures.
Create and implement professional development programs for members by examining national and international trends.
To handle the operational level issues of the Quality Assurance Division and to supervise the Quality Assurance Reviews carried out by subordinates.
To improve the facilitation and regulation of the accounting profession by utilizing ICT technology in ICAN’s internal business processes.
Carry out the managerial duties related to overseeing the direct reports in the particular directorate or division.
|3.||Assistant Director||2 (Two)||Chartered Accountant with membership in ICAN from any recognized Institute||Conduct Quality Assurance Reviews of Audit Firms.
For carrying out additional operational-level tasks linked to the regulation and supervision of the accounting profession.
Coordinate efforts related to professional and educational advancements.
All Positions Require the Following Personal and Professional Qualities: Vacancy for Various Positions in ICAN
- Having a working knowledge of the applicable Auditing Standards, Accounting Standards, Code of Ethics, and current legislative requirements for audit, assurance, and any other professional practices
- To show outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Should be able to synthesize an overall impact and have an attention-to-detail mentality.
- For work to improve ICAN’s brand image and reputation while making sure that all actions are always focused in that direction.
Age Limit: – Age limit of 21 years or less for Joint Directors. For the positions of deputy director and assistant director, the applicant must be 21 years old and not older than 35, or 40 if she is a woman or has a disability.
- By 20 Kartik 2079, interested and qualified candidates must submit an updated CV, the online application form, and any additional documentation confirming their education, training, experience, and/or other qualifications (06 November 2022). To submit the application via mail, write to [email protected].
- Candidates that make the shortlist will go through one more round of selection.
- The Institute has the right to approve or reject the application without providing any explanation. Canvassing at any level of the procedure will result in immediate disqualification.
Keep visiting our website for more information.