Vacancy for National Programme Officer Switzerland Embassy in Nepal: Since 1959, Switzerland has worked with Nepal as part of its development cooperation program. Switzerland’s partnership with Nepal continues to center on federal state development, employment, and income as well as migration, with the opening of its Embassy in Nepal in August 2009. At the national, provincial, and local levels, Switzerland is dedicated to assisting Nepal’s socioeconomic growth and the establishment of a federal state. The Swiss Embassy provides a competitive benefit and pays package, as well as an engaging workplace and team. A qualified Nepali professional is needed for a two-year fixed-term contract with the option of extension.
Position: Officer of National Programs at the Federal State Building (1)
The National Programme Officer (NPO) is a member of the Embassy staff and is responsible for:
- Be in the authority of the daily project cycle management (PCM) of the federal state building domain’s assigned projects, particularly the She Leads project and the Provincial and Local Governance Support Programme (PLGSP).
- Conduct frequent field visits and dialogue with pertinent federal, provincial, and local stakeholders.
- Identify new development initiatives in accordance with national priorities and the Swiss Cooperation Programme 2023–26 for Nepal, and in conjunction with counterparts in the federal, provincial, and municipal governments.
- Participate in internal planning and reporting, quality control, and knowledge management processes.
- Contribute to the coordination of development partners in the state and federal building.
- Track and report on pertinent environmental elements and the constitution’s implementation.
- Advising on and promoting policy improvements to the appropriate parties.
Academic Qualification and experience
- Master’s degree in social science, law, public administration, international relations, or a similar discipline.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the workplace.
- Excellent knowledge of how the local, provincial, and federal governments operate, particularly in the governance sector.
- Excellent knowledge of Nepal’s political and development landscape.
- Understanding of or practical expertise in managing public finances.
- An advantage is having a thorough knowledge of and experience working with development agencies, particularly project cycle management (PCM).
- Experience and sensitivity in the areas of social inclusion and gender.
- Proficiency in Nepali and English, both orally and in writing.
Methodical skills/qualifications: Vacancy for National Programme Officer
- Goal- and outcome-oriented,
- Superior mental and analytical capabilities,
- Demonstrated capacity to design, coordinate, and evaluate development programs,
- The capacity to act independently, make decisions, and carry them out,
- Innovative has the capacity to think creatively and make improvements,
- Quickness in learning and adaptation.
- Talents in networking, negotiating, and communication,
- Being able and eager to work as a team,
- The capacity to positively respond to feedback,
- Take on a variety of responsibilities,
- Sensitivity to issues of gender justice and social inclusion; intercultural sensitivity.
See the following link for more details;
Vacancy for National Programme Officer; Switzerland Embassy in Nepal
- The following materials must be submitted by [email protected] by 5 PM on November 14, 2022.
- You should submit An application/motivation letter in English with an immediate contact address and a phone number, an updated bio, copies of citizenship certificates and academic credentials, and references from former employers.
- Please do not include a link to Google Drive or any other cloud server. Please write “NPO – Federal State Building” in large letters on the envelope or email subject line.
- Any and all applications may be rejected by the Embassy without giving a reason.
- The Swiss Embassy in Nepal supports workplace diversity and practices positive discrimination for women and applicants from underrepresented groups (Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minorities).
Keep visiting our website to know more about a related topic.
You may also read,
Results of Kharidar’s Lok Sewa Aayog Kathmandu
NMA Invites Experts and Students to Submit Research Proposals