Canada Work Visa: The desire of Nepalese to travel abroad to study, work, and get permanent residency in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand is growing. Students and working professionals choose Canada over all other countries to pursue further education and find opportunities in IT, cybersecurity, and other related fields, equally. One must have filed for a working visa for Canada from Nepal in order to work in Canada as a foreigner. Although post-study work rights and protections are readily available to Canadian students. For professionals looking to move to Canada and advance their careers in their particular sectors, the situation is different. Two different types of work visas are available from Nepal to Canada through the Canadian government. The Canadian work permit is divided into 2 categories.
- Open work permit
- An employer-specific work permit is the category of a Canadian work visa.
Can Nepalese citizens also get a working visa in Canada?
Yes, Nepalese Citizens also can apply for a work visa in Canada. If you have the necessary abilities and experience and meet the employer’s criteria you are able to apply for a work visa in Canada. But it relies on two factors: whether you are in Canada and have a valid status or whether you are outside of Canada and have status. You can apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit if your institution authorizes it and you are in Canada with a legitimate status, such as a study permit. If you do not already reside in Canada, you will need to apply for a work visa and have a legitimate employment offer before you may do so. Even so, the employer must follow all the steps in order to validate your job offer.
Canada Work Visa: The Open Work Permit
A work permit that is available to all jobs is known as an open work permit. The following documents are not necessary for applicants using the open work permit method:
- Social Development Canada’s LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) or
- Employment verification from the company
Most of the time, the open work permit holder charge must be paid at the same time as the work permit fee.
Eligibility for Nepalese people to apply for a working visa for Canada
- are graduates from a DLI who are overseas students (Designated Learning Institution)
- a Canadian citizen with a temporary resident permit
- Applicant should be a dependent family member of an applicant for permanent residence.
- You’ve filed your application for Canadian permanent residency.
- Are you a common-law partner, spouse, or skilled worker of an overseas student?
- Meet all criteria for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWI) Program.
Canadian working visa fee: – Each applicant must pay C$155 for an open work visa in Canada.
Employer-specific work permit
Foreign people seeking employment in Canada are most likely to be granted a closed work permit (LMIA) With or without a Labour Market Impact Assessment. Another name for this permit is an Employer-Specific Work Permit. This work permit enables foreign nationals to work in accordance with its restrictions or requirements. It restricts a foreign national’s ability to work in Canada for more than one company and in more than one position. An option for foreign nationals who desire to work in Canada for a certain business or company is a closed work permit.
This license is often referred to as an employer-specific work permit. Candidates are permitted to work for one employer at a time with this work visa or permit. Your work permit’s conditions, which include the following, must be followed in order for you to work:
- The employer’s information in Canada
- Your work permit’s validity period as it relates to your employer
- The region or place where you are authorized to work
Application eligibility for an employer-specific work permit
- actors, singers, dancers, and professionals in related fields
- entrepreneurs in any sectors
- production personnel (Television or Film)
- professional sportsperson or trainer
- Candidates with a job offer who have been nominating their province
- A volunteer or someone working in religion
- The immigration officer must be convinced that you will leave as soon as your work visa expires.
- You don’t have any criminal history.
- You don’t endanger Canada’s security in any way.
- You don’t have any significant medical conditions that might have an impact on the people of Canada.
There is no requirement for LMIA certification for any of the listed professions. You can still apply for a closed work permit with a valid LMIA document even if your profession doesn’t fall into one of the following categories.
How to apply for a working visa from Nepal to Canada?
To get a work permit, you must submit an application to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The following items are needed in order to apply for a work permit:
- An offer letter.
- an agreement for employment.
- a duplication of the LMIA (if not under LMIA exemption code)
- LMIA number
Step 1. Before applying for a work permit, we advise you to double-check the eligibility requirements and list of requirements to make sure you are eligible for a work permit or student visa for Canada. The rigorous work visa verification procedure used by the Canadian government results in the denial of many applicants each year because they are unable to fulfil the requirements, such as having a dependent family member already living in Canada or holding a temporary work permit.
Step 2. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires applicants to submit their application form along with some important supporting documents, such as academic certificates and employment verification from the employer. You can submit your work permit application all at once if you gather all the required paperwork on time.
Step 3. Candidates can submit their applications neither online nor offline for a work permit. To cut expenses and ensure on-time delivery, the IRCC advises applicants to complete the application form online. Some additional benefits of submitting the form online are below:
- Cut off the courier expenses.
- Incomplete or erroneous data in the applications are returned to you immediately.
- Simple access to IRCC’s on-demand supplementary document submission.
- And get regular information on the progress of your application.
We hope that this information answered your questions about requesting a working visa from Nepal for Canada. Contact us for more information about work visa in Canada.
You may also read,