A brief document issued by a government body or police is a police report. This document represents the innocence of an individual to state that the person is not involved in any criminal activities. This report may be helpful to anyone that is looking for foreign employment or is traveling to foreign countries. It clearly states that the individual applying has no criminal record. We have outlined a few simple steps to get your Police Report Online In 2023.
Along with documents, it also includes other information such as personal details, passport number, and date of birth. Before covid pandemic, the police report have been verified by visiting the related office, but due to the pandemic, the report verification was online as well. In this article, we will learn about how to apply for a police report online.
Documents required to apply for a police report online
If you are trying to apply for a police report online then will require the following documents.
- Citizenship- you should have an image of the backside and front side of your Citizenship.
- You will also require a page with an immigration stamp on your passport if you are currently abroad.
- You should have an image on the bio page and the other 31 pages of your passport.
- Passport size photo of 3.5cm and 4.5 cm.
- Your Email id and phone number.
Steps to apply for a police report online in 2023
Here are the steps that need to follow for applying police report online.
Step 1: Visit the official website https://opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np/.
Step 2: Click on register, choose the option, and click on the next button.
Step 3: Complete the given form with the correct information and click on the register button.
Step 4: You will receive an email from Nepal police with a password.
Step 5: After receiving the password, you should change it.
Step 6: You can see 5 step form, you should fill the form with the correct details.
Step 7: Upload the appropriate photo and document.
Step 8: You must fill in the stamp consideration of the password. If there is any mistake on the stamp, there is a chance of rejection of the application.
Step 9: if you have any criminal history, mention it.
Step 10: After filling out all the details, recheck the information you have provided.
Step 11: When all the steps are completed, click on confirm button.
Watch the video on how to obtain a Police Clearance in Nepal
Validity of Police report
It is valid only for one year in the context of Nepal. After the validity is completed, you have to apply for another police report.
How long will it take to get a police report online?
- If you have filled the form within office hours then it will take 2 hours to 6 hours. You will receive your document by email.
Conclusion on Police Report Verification
- Police Report Verification is a document that proves you have no criminal records.
- You can apply for this online through the official website of the Consular office.
- Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the website, agree to the terms and conditions, and complete a captcha.
- Fill in your personal details and attach the required documents.
- Submit the application and pay the revenue fee online.
- Present yourself in person at the office with your identity document.
- A police Clearance Certificate is also called PCC and is needed if you want to go abroad.