Many students who are waiting for their Master’s studies are always seen to be worried able either GRE or IELTS/TOEFL test. We can see many students struggling for months and even years to achieve good scores on these tests so that they can get a good number of scholarships.
Well for those who have been in search of scholarships, we are here to assist you. Now, you need not worry about either your test or the gap years without your work experience. In this article, we will share with you about the fully funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
About Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Every year, this year as well Europe has come up with a great opportunity for an international student, an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, which Is one of the greatest scholarships in Europe. Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is designed in such a way that it offers a Master’s degree with top-notch quality supporting European education in other countries.
This is the scholarship for the students applying for the Master’s or post-doctoral level. This opportunity is for all students around the globe. To apply for Erasmus Mundus, you need to at least complete a bachelor’s degree, or either you have to finish your bachelor’s degree by the time the class Master’s starts.
Erasmus Mundus offers a high-level education partnering with HEI (Higher Education Institutions). The three HEI constitute two EU member states and the other one from any of the other different countries. This scholarship covers all the tuition fees, and living expenses, along with the traveling allowances.
The duration of a master’s is commonly 2 years comprising 120 ECTS credits or sometimes 90 ECTS. This program awards you a single degree certificate or the dual degree certificate issued by two different institutions.
For more detailed information about the Erasmus-funded courses, you can visit the Erasmus Mundus masters programs. From this website (www.eacea.ec.europa.eu) you can explore more about the specific course, whether it is suitable for you to pursue or not, the curriculum, and the requirements. The catalog of Erasmus Mundus is updated on the yearly basis. The application is open between October and January for the upcoming year.
Among numerous candidates, scholarship is given to the best-selected ones. They are given a chance to study in two different countries other than their own native country.
EU Member States along with third Countries hosting Erasmus Mundus
Altogether three countries are linked to providing this platform for international students. All the below-mentioned countries are eligible to take all the actions on the Erasmus programs:
European Union Member States: It includes; Hungary, Portugal, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Slovenia, Estonia, Malta, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Poland, Czechia, Romania, Ireland, Germany, Latvia, Spain, Finland, Luxembourg, France, Estonia, Malta, Slovakia, Austria, Sweden, Netherlands
Third Countries: This includes; Iceland, the Republic of Türkiye, Liechtenstein, Norway, North Macedonia, and the Republic of Serbia.
What is covered by the Scholarship?
Erasmus Mundus scholarship is provided for you to cover all the financial requirements that are necessary for the completion of your course. The Mundus scholarships cover the followings:
- Tuition Fee
- Travel allowance. But it does not cover the visa expenses. All the expenses related to visas have to be taken into responsibility by the student.
- They pay a certain amount of stipend until the completion of the study
- After the completion of the semester, they provide an airfare ticket to reach another country for another class
- They provide you with an opportunity to study different programs in two different countries.
The scholarship is meant for only 2 years.
Are you interested in applying for this opportunity? Yes, you can also apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship and also can be awarded as a scholar if you can meet all the requirements and get selected. You need to understand a few things before applying for the scholarships. A few of the eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The student who is applying should be from other countries except for EU member states.
- You should not be the one who is either studying, working, or has applied for a tourist visa to the EU Member States for about one year.
- You should not apply for more than three Master’s programs registered in Erasmus Mundus.
- Students much have a good academic record however, they do not judge you based on CGPA. Since this scholarship is highly competitive thus, it is thought to have a positive impact if have a good academic score.
- You need to be from any country with any age group, you need not require any prior work experience as well.
Requirements for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- Transcript of the previous education level.
- Letter of recommendation. You should provide different kinds of recommendation letters for different courses following their format.
- English language test to show that you can tackle when it comes to communication or understanding. So, they require you to either submit IELTS/ TOFEL report.
- A good CV in a European format is suggested.
- National Identity card as proof of a certain country’s residence.
- The most important thing is a passport that is required for your visa.
How to apply for Erasmus Mundus scholarships
Click on Erasmus Mundus master’s programs to view the courses that you want to study. You can apply for the three courses. While going through all the courses, you can also see the location where the courses are offered.
Application forms consist of personal data, data related to your recent studies, or the profession if you are engaged, language skills, confirmation by the application, and others. While filling up the form, it is mandatory to fill all the boxes with the * mark.
During these two years, they will learn from top lecturers and professors. The students will be mentored in every sector. During the study period, they can travel from one country to another and even learn about their culture. If any of them can grab this opportunity, it is likely to open many doors. So, it is highly recommended as well as admired for the one to grab this opportunity. It is estimated that they will award 3000 students with this Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the year 2023-2024.