EDV photo requirement is one of the most crucial factors to keep in mind while applying EDV. Are you applying for EDV 2024 and worried about your pictures don’t worry, we are here to help you. The chances of rejection at first impression are due to your uploaded picture. So, be careful while uploading your pictures or photographs. Complete details on EDV photo requirement 2024 are mentioned below:
EDV photo requirement
Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50 percent and 69 percent of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition
Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last six months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Do not wear eyeglasses. (After November 1, 2016, eyeglasses are no longer allowed in DV photos)
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
Review the Photo Examples to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos. Photos copied or digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable. In addition, snapshots, magazine photos, low-quality vending machines, and full-length photographs are not acceptable. You must upload your digital image as part of your entry. Your digital image must be:
- In JPEG (.jpg) file format
- Equal to or less than 240 kB (kilobytes) in file size
- In a square aspect ratio (height must equal width)
- 600×600 pixels in dimension
Do you want to scan an existing photo? In addition to the digital image requirements, your existing photo must be:
2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
Scanned at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (12 pixels per millimeter)
Digital and Paper photo composition For DV
Click your picture with a neutral expression. Full head in center with hair and face towards the camera. The top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin, must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height. Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height). Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 pixels (width) x 1200 pixels (height).
Taking photos of your baby or toddler: EDV photo requirement 2024 Tips.
When taking a photo of your baby or toddler, no other person should be in the photo, and your child should be looking at the camera with his or her eyes open.
1. Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. This will ensure your baby’s head is supported and provide a plain background for the photo. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby’s face, especially if you take a picture from above with the baby lying down.
2. Cover a car seat with a plain white or off-white sheet and take a picture of your child in the car seat. This will also ensure your baby’s head is supported.
Example of Photo Provided by state.gov
Your photograph must be recent with off white background and head facing the camera. You do not give any pose to the camera also do not use a shadow background. Do not crop and remove the background using tools. Hat, cap, and any type of eyeglasses are not allowed. Here are the Examples of photos that are allowed and disallowed for EDV photo requirement 2024.
Do not give a chance to reject your applications just because of your photo. Hope you have understood the requirement for a photo for EDV 2024, for any query please comment.